Not a huge story here. The In-Laws came over for dinner on Saturday and I was looking for a different way to do vegetables.
Now, here’s what I will say. A grill basket work best here. I thought my asparagus was thick enough to stay out of the grooves on the grill if I could it right on the surface.
I was wrong.
I lost about one-third of the little buggers in between the grates. I tried fishing a few of them out, but eventually gave up. After cooking dinner, I jacked up the heat on the grill and rendered them to ash. It was pretty cool, like a little vegetable crematorium.
- Chili- or hot pepper-infused olive oil (I opted for the F. Oliver’s smoky chipotle)
- Juice of three lemons
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. herbes de provence
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced on an angle
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into bite-sized pieces
In a small bowl, whisk olive oil with lemon juice, white wine vinegar, mustard and herbs, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer half of the dressing to a large bowl, and the rest of the dressing aside.
Add the sliced veggies to a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss with the dressing.