“Can you grab that?”
The Wife and I pulled into the driveway at almost the same time tonight. The Kid was at The In-Laws, so she had a handful of work stuff. The “that” in question was a large, unmarked box that sat in the vestibule by our main entrance door, the mysterious contents of which occurred to us at the same time.
The Wife, long a supporter of my gluttony, enrolled me in the Microbrewed Beer of the Month Club for Christmas. This was my first delivery. I tore into the box like it was Christmas morning, wondering what was waiting behind the packing materials.
Two different brewers had two of their beers featured, meaning I had 12 glorious bottles to enjoy. Among them:
- Emancipator Doppelbock from Christian Moerlein Brewing Company (Cincinnati). 7.5% and 27 IBU.
- Moerlein’s Original Lager. 5.2%, 19 IBU.
- Heavy Seas Small Craft Warning Über Pils from Clipper City Brewing Company (Baltimore). 7.0%, 48 IBU.
- Heavy Seas Gold Ale from Clipper City. 4.75%, 20 IBU.
This has now been added to my current cellared selections, which include:
- New Belgium 1554 black ale. 5.6%, 21 IBU.
- 21st Amendment Brew Free Or Die. 7.0%, 70 IBU.
- An assortment of Shiner beers.
I’d invite you over to share, but like The Kid, I don’t do that particularly well.