I hate New Years Resolutions. They don’t stick. The first and only one I ever made really wasn’t a resolution. It was more or less a starting point: the beginning of The Weight Loss Story.
Rather than make a hard and fast list of “resolutions,” I’m going to make a list of things I’d like to try harder to achieve or do. I’m certain that this will go nowhere, but why not. At the very least, it will give The Wife or a few of my friends something to hang over my head.
In 2013, I:
- Want to market this blog better. I’ve been puttering around at a static readership number for about a year. I want to push that needle further to the right.
- Am going to make a greater effort to read everything written by Sean Kirst. Syracuse is blessed with a columnist with immeasurable passion and fire. I once saw him go fire and brimstone at an awards lunch over trash on the side of the road. I wish I could channel my emotions in as productive of a way as he does.
- Am going to give Thai food a better shot.
- Am going to sit down for a meal at a Vietnamese restaurant.
- Will try to be as complimentary as I am critical of people. It’s something I’ve been working on, but I think that if I put it on screen and look at it, it might happen.
- Will not go out for lunch as much. $6 here, $8 there…it adds up after a while.
- Want to work more vegetables into dinnertime. So, more trips to the Farmer’s market and maybe a CSA.
- Plan to eat more locally raised meat.
- Want to broaden Meatless Monday. I don’t know what that means, but I want to do it.
- Might reorganize this blog so the categories and tags make the posts easier to search and reference.
- May move the blog to a dedicated server so that I have more control over things like design and syndication.
- Want to spend more time eating dinner with my friends, particularly the ones I don’t see as often.
- Want to cook a duck or a rabbit. Maybe both.